Smoothies are my favorite on-the-go options - for breakfast, pre or post-workout or even for a snack, there is always a good occasion to sip on a refreshing and healthy drink.
The choices are infinite with so many different healthy combinations. I love trying new recipes and this one is a good alternative for people who look at their “sugar intake” and want to try a low-glycemic version as I am using the avocado the give it its creamy texture instead of bananas.
It is super quick and easy and it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare it.
Strawberry and Avocado Smoothie
- Half of a medium avocado (~50g)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries (~100g)
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any of your favorite milk)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (~22g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp rolled oats (optional)
- Filtered water (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a high powered blender
- Blend until smooth. Add water to reach the consistency you desire.
For the banana lovers, you can always switch the avocado for a medium frozen banana. Smoothies are just a simply way to increase your nutrients intake (especially because most of the food used is consumed raw). You can be very creative by mixing up greens (spinach, kale...), fruits & veggies (think about frozen cauliflower or beets) and superfood (hemp seeds, maca powder, raw cacao powder, chia seeds...).
What is your favorite smoothie recipe?