EAT - Protein Chocolate Oatmeal
There is literally no seasons to appreciate a bowl of hot oatmeal in the morning.
Oatmeal is on my list of comfort foods and is a good way to include some superfoods to get extra nutrient out of it.
This recipe is one of my favorite. It can satisfy your chocolate cravings and the choices for the topping are infinite. Just give it a try.
Protein Chocolate Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
- 2 tbsp of chia seed
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of milk (I like to use almond milk or hemp milk)
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use Nuzest Rich Chocolate)
- 1 scoop of Vital Protein collagen peptides
- Filtered water
Cook the oats with the milk over the heat until it becomes fluffy and creamy.
Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well. You might need to add a little bit of water as the powders usually absorb all the milk. Cook another minute or until it reaches the consistency you like.
Serve warm with strawberries and cocoa nibs.
And the best part: you can always play with the toppings and change them to match the season.
Hope you love it!